Tuesday, November 5, 2013

10 Songs That Light Up Your Life

 
 
 
1. Good Time--Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen
 

This song reminds me of my physic's group "Magnitude" driving to great harvest for breakfast after finishing physics early.
 
 
2. Elle Me Dit--Mika
 
Crazy Impromptu College Dance Parties at Monticello--this one definitely gets better the more you pretend you can sing in French and the wilder you dance!
 
3. Into the Fire--The Scarlet Pimpernel
 

I almost went to wrestle with grizzly bears after singing this song.  "Never hold back your step for a moment!  Never doubt that your courage will grow!  Hold your head even higher and into the fire we go!"
4. OREO Wonderfilled--Owl City
 

I almost cried when I realized how much an Oreo could change someone's life.  Especially after playing the big bad wolf in 1st grade, this song just gets me every time.  (Listen with Milk, Oreos, and a Friend to share with for full effect)
 
5. Build Me Up Buttercup--The Foundations
.
.
Who doesn't love a song with Buttercup in it?  Whether it reminds you of the 3 amigos singing "my little buttercup" to a bunch of cowboys, a princess and prince battling ROUS's in the Fire Swamp, or even calling your sister cupcake when you grew up, this song will make you smile!
 
6. In Christ Alone--The Promise Keepers
 

"In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."  --John 16:33
 
7. Good Feeling--Flo Rida
 

Why do I see my roommates running around my car 10 times and then jumping through the window when the light turns green?  No idea!  But good feeling:)
 
8. Don't Stop the Dancing--Manian ft. Calprit
 

Early morning work outs and dancing in the car with my little sister!
 
9. Gravity--Zlatna Ognevich
 

Blue Butterflies, Hummingbirds, Unicorns, Zero Gravity, and a Beautiful Ukranian girl coming out of a flower singing about love and dreams? Something about this has to make you grin!
 
10.  I'm in a Hurry (and don't know why)--Alabama
 

Let's be honest--we hurry and worry way too much.  Nothing like a little country song to remind you about the truly important things in life:)
 
Music will light up your life! (Especially if you sing and dance to it:)  If you have a song that lights up your life then let's hear it and maybe we'll do a part II sometime:)






No comments:

Post a Comment